Happy #SoupySunday 😀 I already visited the Vegan Bake Sale this early afternoon with my friend Victoria – just a quick visit bc we both had just little time! But it was enough to see all the delicious cakes and desserts 🙂 I hope the stuff I brought will be enjoyed too 🙂 I bought myself a little glutenfree cake – superrrr yum and perfect sweet treat on a Sunday afternoon:) sadly my stomach feels quite bad today so I need some rest!
And what’s better than soup on a “feeling-sick-day”? Besides the fact that it’s my weekly soup day! All I wanted was a veg stock soup style pot 😉 and it ended up with the following: MIXED VEGETABLE SOUP 😀 simply grab your favorite vegtables and make the soup 🙂 true and healthy soulfood 🙂 with everything that I found in my kitchen 😉 Taste? Believe me – simple but really delicate 😀
You need :
- Vegetables of choice:
- 1-2 carrots,chopped
- 1-2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 (sweet) potatoes, washed, pealed and cubed (I didn´t peal mine btw bc I prefer it with skin)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 handful Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup Romanesco broccoli florets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 350-500ml boiling hot water
- 1 tsp veg stock powder
- Spices of choice (fresh grated ginger, caraway seeds, nutmeg, garlic, …)
- Herbs of choice (coriander, rosemary, marjoram, bay leaves, basil, thyme, oregano, fennel, …)
- Salt and pepper to season and taste (as needed)
- Some soy, rice, coconut or oat cuisine or milk (Optional for creamy version)
Heat oil in a pan over a medium high heat, add onion and spices, cook, stirring constantly until onions have are translucent. Then, add the prepared vegetables and roast gently until slightly golden brown. Add the hot water, stock powder, herbs and cook until the all the veg is soft, about 20-30 minutes. Finally season to taste.
If you prefer a creamy version-pour the soup into a blender, or using a stick blender, and blend the soup until creamy. Transfer back to the pan, heat again and add cuisine or milk if needed and desired.