Ready for a little jam party? Well – let´s go 😉 A few weeks ago, while scrolling through my favorite blogs, I got the idea that I want to prepare some jam again bc it felt like ages since preparing my last jar! But we, me and mum, usually don´t eat jam that often so big jars are not really a good idea and buying jam at a store – nehh! I can do it myself 😉 Anyway, I noticed something called CHIA JAM on a few of my favorite blogs : a jam made out of fruit, water and chia seeds + optional sweetener. That´s all! 😀 I was super impressed bc – hey this sounds totally healthy to me 😀 and delicious. So I started collecting the links and found out – every lady used a different berry (we talk about berry chia jam 😉 ) for her jam. Yes, AnnaBelle started her plan 😉 making them all and sharing the versions together in just one single blog post called my BERRY CHIA JAM PROJECT 😀 the recipes were perfect for me bc they just make little jars and you really eat the jam almost right away 😀 + it is easy to prepare! 5 – 10 minutes and you get jam 😀
Let me just write a few word to honor my inspirational gals and credits – you know them all if you follow my blogging over here 😉 : Siobhan aka @superfoodsiobhan , Meghan aka @naturallymeghan , Amy aka @purepicks & Lauren aka @naturalnomad 😀 No surprise, uhm?! Just shows that I really love their blogs and can´t stop recreating their ideas 😀 Without them inspiring and motivating me I wouldn´t be here blogging about my experiences 😀 and all these ladies are so lovely earthlings ❤ I´m so thankful 😀
You really need to try out this chia jam creations 😀 totally a must 😀
Basic Recipe: (makes about 1 jar 😀 )
- 1 – 2 cups berries of choice
- 1 – 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1 – 3 tbs water
- 1 – 3 tbs liquid sweetener (rice, agave, maple syrup, …)
- Vanilla essence (Optional)
There are 2 ways to prepare the jam :
- Add the berries and sweetener in a saucepan, together woth a few drops water, heat, bring to the boil and cook until soft. Mash the hot berries by using a masher or fork. Then, stir in the chia seeds and simmer over a low heat until thick and gooey. (OR – let th hot berry mash cool down a little before stiring in the seeds). Leave to cool a bit, then transfer into a jar. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Mash the berries with a masher or fork until smooth and liquid. Then, add in the chia seeds and water and stir well until well combined. Transfer the chia jam into a jar and put it the fridge to thicken a bit – for an hour before using it. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Blueberry Chia Jam
Raspberry Chia Jam
Strawberry Chia Jam
Further related LINKS :