Hello my readers 😀 And welcome to this special 😀 I´m so happy that I can share this post with you (it means that I really did it; really made my plan come true). I´ve wanted to work with this nutty star quite long time now…always delayed it, but now it´s done! It has been a great time creating and trying these recipes and of course eating the results (<3) Let´s start this blog post about Macadamia!
Macadamia is a big, white and very yummy (tough) nut, quite high in protein and fat and most of all this little beauty is expensive! Most expensive one I know, most fancy one – The Queen of NUTS 😉 The taste is actually rather sweet and smooth (I like the taste) but many people (and animals) can´t eat macadamia nuts because of allergies. In general, it´s not very good to it eat a LOT and all the time but if you do it right – IT`S A HEALTHY VITAMIN BOMB.
Before I show you the recipes I prepared, I want to present you a few things I worked with and I can recommend 😉
For my recipes I had macadamia milk! A really good one 😀 I also used macadamia nut oil,
NOW Sunday! Happy #PancakeSunday!!! My kitchen is where dreams can come true 😉 3rd recipe is the MACADAMIA PANCAKE CREATIONS STACK (mixed; 3 versions) 😀 someone wants a few ? Nothing left 🙂 too good to give them away 😉 shared with mum (the stack on the photo is mine :D) I topped it with the Häagen-Dazs ice cream
- 1 cup flour (I use whole grain spelt one; gluten free – buckwheat, brown millet or rice flour are options)
- 1 tbs baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Sweetener (optional)
- 1 cup macadamia milk
- 2 tbs macadamia nut oil
- You can also add a bit spice or vanilla if you like!
- Oil for the pan
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar) in a bowl, add milk and oil and stir until well combined! Heat oil in a pan and bake the pancakes on both sides 🙂
- For MACADAMIA CRUNCH PANCAKES, add 1-3 tbs crunched macadamia nuts into the dough!
- For MACADAMIA CHOCOLATE PANCAKES add 1-3 tsp raw cacao powder and choc nibs into the dough!
- For MACADAMIA CAROB PANCAKES use 1 -2 tsp carob powder!
- For MACADAMIA VANILLA PANCAKES, add some vegan vanilla pudding powder, vanilla sugar and vanilla flavor drops. ADD some white choc nibs to get a WHITE CHOCOLATE version
- For MACADAMIA MARBLE PANCAKES, use the link for MARBLE PANCAKES!
- You can also try to prepare MACADAMIA BLUEBERRY/RASPBERRY (or even NANA,…) PANCAKES … for inspiration follow the link for BERRY PANCAKES!
You can use any topping but I guess in this case – MACADAMIA related things;) macadamia nut butter, macadamia nuts or macadamia ice cream – all together! I also had HOT MACADAMIA CHOCOLATE (just like ALMOND version but with macadamia milk)